Hey ABA family!
Are you always trying to figure out what the best way to study is but never really sure what the answer is? Don’t panic! Today we are going to look at some useful techniques to help you along the way!
Neat noting is the way forward!
When it is time to do exams, the last thing you want is a messy notebook when you’re trying to memorise a whole course worth of material! What are the things that should be done to help?
- Create a contents page in your notepad so that you know exactly where to find specific information
- Note everything in class even if it doesn’t seem important at the time
- Test yourself on a regular basis to see what you need to focus on more
What kind of student are you?
Some people study by reading, some by writing and even some by listening to lectures they recorded on portable devices, but ask yourself: How do you do it?
It’s important to find your style because once you have, your studying will go much more smoothly. You’ll then be able to focus more and get more done.
- Less is more! Study in bursts of half an hour- this is so much more effective than 5 hours without a break!
- Make sure you are free from distractions which could cause you problems
- Focus on one thing at a time and set realistic goals– you’ll achieve them this way
What’s the perfect way to study?
Being honest, the perfect way to study is the way that helps you memorise and learn the most- everyone has their own style.
- Shorter study periods
“Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”
Remember that the ABA English course is free to sign up to and will significantly help you improve your level of English. What are you waiting for?